Online and On Campus
September 15, 2014 – February 10, 2015
Every vocation requires a unique set of tools in order to execute properly the tasks and assignments that are part of that profession or calling. Being a worship leader or minister of music is no different. Worship is both our highest privilege and greatest ministry. It is the sound of heaven on earth. A proper understanding of what worship actually is and a theology of worship are paramount to our own spiritual development and effectiveness in ministry.
Beyond our God-given talents and gifting we need the tools to lead effectively and confidently. This program will give you what you need in order to hone your craft and calling in the area of worship leadership (WL) and worship intelligence (WI). Join us and learn the role of the Holy Spirit in taking your worship to another level privately and corporately.
Participants are required to take four core classes and two electives to earn a certificate in either Urban or Contemporary worship.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Learn how to stay out of the same old repetitive rut by approaching your times of worship creatively through liturgies that breathe.
- Learn about effective worship planning and communication from the platform.
- Learn how to develop a dynamic worship team and how to pick just the right song or worship multi-media element.
- Worship in Everyday Life (Core)
- Worship: Biblical Perspectives (Core)
- Psalms, Hymns & Spiritual Songs (Core)
- The Worship Leader (Core)
- Contemporary Worship (Elective)
- Urban Praise and Worship (Elective)
- Contemporary Worship Songwriting (Elective)
- Gospel Worship Songwriting (Elective)
David M. Edwards
David M. Edwards serves as an artist-in-residence at the Regent University International Center for Worship. He comes to Regent with a wealth of experience as a teacher, writer, musician and pastor. He recently released a solo album called Here with You, on the Maranatha Music/EMI record label. In spring 2013, Maranatha Music released his album Heart Full of Soul. In 2009, Edwards produced and performed on Margaret Becker’s Christmas album Gift of Love. Worship Leader Magazine gave him two awards in 2005 and 2007 for his singles “Holy Rain” and “Create in Me.”
The renowned worship leader is a columnist for Rev! Magazine and a popular conference speaker. He is also an official spokesman for the Bible League, which is one of the world’s largest evangelical, non-denominational Scripture placement agencies. He has also served as the managing editor of The Worshiper the consumer publication of Worship Leader Magazine.
His critically acclaimed book Worship 365: The Power of a Worshipping Life is a definitive text on transforming worship. He is also the author of Encountering God: 10 Ways to Experience His Presence, the Faithfully Yours Psalms series and the Worship Through the Seasons with God series, as well as general editor of the Holman CSB Personal Worship Bible.